We are seeking an experienced legal transcriptionist to join our team of independent typists! Work anytime from anywhere.
Review the job details and submit your cover letter and resume below. Qualified applicants will be contacted via email to submit a contractor application and schedule a phone interview.
- Transcribe recordings varying in audio length and quality.
- Properly format legal documents, insurance forms, letters, memos and notes.
- Transcribe with proper spelling and capitalization legal terms, medical terms, locations and names.
- Conduct basic research as needed to ensure the accuracy and completeness of your work.
- Must adhere to E-Typist Guidelines and/or client preferences and proofread work before submission.
- Type at least 65 WPM.
- One year or more of transcription and word processing experience in an office environment, within the last five–year period.
- Good working knowledge in the creation of formal correspondence, memos, reports, etc.
- Legal, workers’ comp terminology needed.
- Creating interrogatories, deposition summaries, legal court documents, etc., and knowledge of the proper format of legal citations.
- Must be fluent in English and possess a strong working knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word 2007 or newer, including advanced formatting features.
- Must possess excellent listening skills and be comfortable working independently.
- Work a minimum of 3 days per week.
- Maintain spelling accuracy rating of 95% or higher after first 30 days.
- Maintain grammar and formatting accuracy rating of 95% or higher after first 30 days.
System Requirements and Equipment Needed
|Needed for all E-Typist positions:|
|DSL or Cable Internet|
|Computer or Laptop with Windows 7 or higher|
|Transcription Pedal and Headphones. We recommend:|
|Microsoft Word 2007 or higher|
|Slack Desktop App & Mobile App|
|Job Category||Legal Transcription|
|Position Title||Legal Transcription 1|
|Employment Type||Independent Contractor|
|Working Hours||Typing Pool is Open 24/7.|
|Availability Requirements||Work a minimum of 3 days per week.|
|Rate of Pay and Terms||Amount varies. Independent contractors are paid bi-monthly via direct deposit.|