(Recorded Conversations & Statements/Interviews/Board Meetings/Seminars)
We are seeking experienced legal transcriptionists to join our team of independent typists! Work anytime from anywhere.
Legal Transcription 2 requires the ability to transcribe audio files of recorded conversations and statements where one or more speakers may be present such as interviews, board meetings and seminars. Experience in this field is required for the position. Review the job details and follow instructions to submit your cover letter and resume. Qualified applicants will be contacted via email to submit a contractor application and schedule a phone interview.
- Transcribe lengthy audio dictations accurately from recorded conversations with multiple participants in the room or via telephone recording, including recorded statements, board committee meetings and interviews.
- Properly format these transcriptions based on E-Typist Formatting and/or client preferences.
- Transcribe with proper spelling and capitalization legal terms, medical terms, locations and names.
- Conduct basic research as needed to ensure the accuracy and completeness of your work.
- One year or more of transcription and word processing experience in an office environment, within the last five–year period.
- Must have above-average listening skills to be able to discern different voices and transcribe accurately even when people are talking over one another. If using a voice recognition program, must listen carefully and narrate accurately at the same time.
- Must be fluent in English and possess a strong working knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word 2007 or newer, including advanced formatting features.
- Must possess excellent listening skills, be comfortable working independently and must proofread all documents before submitting.
- Meet all required deadlines for delivery of work.
- Maintain verbatim accuracy of 95% or after the first 30 days.
- Maintain spelling accuracy rating of 95% or higher after first 30 days.
- Maintain formatting accuracy rating of 95% or higher after first 30 days.
System Requirements and Equipment Needed
|Needed for all E-Typist positions:||Needed for this position:|
|DSL or Cable Internet||Adobe Reader|
|Computer or Laptop with Windows 7 or higher||Word Perfect is a plus|
|Transcription Pedal and Headphones. We recommend
|NCH Express Scribe Free (Upgrade is required for video transcription opportunities)
|Microsoft Word 2007 or higher|
|Slack Desktop App & Mobile App|
|Job Category||Legal Transcription|
|Position Title||Legal Transcription 2|
|Employment Type||Independent Contractor|
|Working Hours||Jobs are distributed as they come in. You will be contacted for your availability.|
|Availability Requirements||24-hour turn around unless otherwise instructed.|
|Rate of Pay and Terms||Amount varies. Independent contractors are paid bi-monthly via direct deposit.|